 Robotics / 22667
Re: Competitive MINDSTORMS: Now in a store near you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:20:02 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, David Perdue wrote:

Brain-Bot has a fast speed of 1:15 and a slow speed of 1:75

   By "speed", do you mean those are the gear ratios? What is the mass and wheel
radius for Brain-Bot? And how many driving motors does it use (i.e., how many
motors actually apply torque into the drive train, as opposed to shifting gears
for instance)? A 75-to-1 torque increase would (assuming 6 Ncm from each of two
standard gear motors, about what they stall out at) yield a wheel axle torque of
*900* Ncm, much much more than is needed for *any* of the LEGO wheels (even the
Power Puller's) under reasonable weight constraints. Help me out here, I must be
missing something as well.

   Any chance you could bring ZR1 or any of the other 'bots from your book to
Sumo 6 in Ann Arbor? I'd love to see how they work, and in general the 24tooth
events have been a very good time for all.

--
Brian Davis