 Announcements / 2657
2656  |  2658
Subject:
Competitive MINDSTORMS: Now in a store near you!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:43:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

After more than a year since its conception, I am proud to announce the
completion and publication of Competitive MINDSTORMS: A Complete Guide to
Robotic Sumo Using LEGO MINDSTORMS.

As many in the LUGNET community know, there have been many good LEGO MINDSTORMS
books published - however, there has not yet been a MINDSTORMS book published
that is solely about LEGO MINDSTORMS competition or “fighting robots.” This is
where Competitive MINDSTORMS comes in. I have created a special companion web
site for my book where you can find out more information, purchase autographed
copies, and much more:

www.davidjperdue.com/competitivemindstorms

Competitive MINDSTORMS is based around the famed Robotics Invention System and
covers the exciting, intriguing, and fascinating world of robotic sumo - LEGO
MINDSTORMS robotic sumo, that is. First and foremost, robotic sumo does not
involve violent fighting actions, flamethrowers, bombs, and the like. Robotic
sumo is a strategy-based game where two robots, known as sumo-bots, are placed
on a circular platform called a robotic sumo arena, and their goal is to be the
first one to push its opponent off that platform using cunning, brute force,
mechanisms, and many other things.

Also important to emphasize is that robotic sumo is not a boring, simple, and
easy game. Competitive MINDSTORMS shows you why, and gives, among other things,
the following:

1. A complete description of the operation of robotic sumo

2. An overview of the strategies you can pick for your sumo-bots

3. Coverage of the three different strategies it presents–the small and fast,
M-class (Medium Class), and big sumo strategies–with seven LEGO MINDSTORMS
projects.

4. Coverage on how to properly and successfully participate in a LEGO MINDSTORMS
robotic sumo event, including how to find a robotic sumo event in your area.

5. Instructions on how to organize your own LEGO MINDSTORMS robotic sumo event;
this includes how to make your own robotic sumo arena, robotic sumo rule set,
and more.

I hope that you will check out this one-of-a-kind LEGO MINDSTORMS book, and I
hope that you too will see the excitement that LEGO MINDSTORMS robotic holds and
join the ranks of those hosting LEGO MINDSTORMS robotic sumo events.

Good luck!

David J. Perdue

www.davidjperdue.com

www.davidjperdue.com/competitivemindstorms