 Robotics / 22729
Re: Competitive MINDSTORMS - at Sumo-bot 6?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:26:11 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, David Perdue wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
   Any chance you could bring ZR1 or any of the other 'bots from your book to
Sumo 6 in Ann Arbor? I'd love to see how they work, and in general the 24tooth
events have been a very good time for all.

I thought that the event was yesterday, but apparently it's in September! I
would like to go - I recently told Jona that I wouldn't be able to go, but I
guess I'll have to write him back and say that I might be able to go after all!
I'm not 100% sure that I can attend, but I'll see what I can do. I'd love to
bring Gargantuan-Bot Version BL58 with me to the event, but I think that one
might be too big under the rule set. :)

David,

It would be nice to meet you, and see your robots at Sumo-bot 6 (on Sept 18th).

It sounds like you don't have enough pieces to build them all at the same time
(along with anything else you may have built).  I suggested to Jona that I could
build one, but he said he doesn't still have the directions.

From what I've seen, the "light and fast" robot fits the rules for the Stock
class (2 lbs or less, and uses only parts from a single RIS)  I'm sure if your
robots showed up, and made a good showing at Sumo-bot 6, it would have to be
good for book sales...

What do you think?

Steve