 Robotics / 22497
Re: CD auto feeder project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 02:21:05 GMT

You can also connect two bump sensors in parallel onto one RCX port.
You can't
tell which sensor is pressed - but if you are moving the arm down - and
a sensor
triggers, it's gotta be the bottom one - and if you are moving up - it's
gotta
be the top one.  That frees up another sensor port.

Or multiplex bump sensors mechanically...use one touch sensor on a cam
on an axle, normally pressed in and held centered with a rubber band.
Any number of "inputs" can be hooked up perpendicular to the axle using
an bumper connected to a push rod and a lever off the axle.

I have used this to provide seperate front and rear bumpers connected to
  one touch sensor quite sucessfully...

OR even better is to use a rotation sensor/touch sensor tied to the
driver shaft as a stall detector...The first time I saw this done I just
had to slap my head and say "why didn't I think of that!?!"

-Rob A>