 Robotics / 22496
Re: where is ris 2.0 available in u.s.?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 20:42:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, <rcbrown@austin.rr.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of a cheap place in the U.S. to get LEGO Mindstorms RIS
2.0? Amazon has it for $150, but they're charging tax now because they say
it's sold through Toys R Us. Ironically, I went to the local Toys R Us and
they don't carry it anymore.

No RIS at TRU? I sure hope LEGO's got a clever idea in the works, because
they've let the product that saved their bacon stagnate.

--Russ

You can find Mindstorms at most of the Lego stores.  The price isn't cheap,
though--its the standard pricing.  I think TRU stopped carrying them because
Mindstorms only seems to sell really well during Christmas periods, and as any
retailer will tell you--everything is about inventory turnover--you have to have
a high inventory turnover.  Big boxes that cost 200 bucks don't turnover
quickly.  They'll opt for the $10-$50 smaller sets.  Gives you a higher turnover
and makes the store numbers look better.  It's the same story at Wal-Mart.

Scott Lyttle