 Robotics / 22464
22463  |  22465
Subject:
CD auto feeder project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2004 02:01:53 GMT

I haven't yet got my RIS, but I've promised it as a gift for myself for my
upcoming birthday.
But I've already set about creating my first challange; I want to create a
simple arm roboot that will act as an auto feeder to a CD drive.
It should recognise when the CD rom drive on a PC has opened, remove the CD
to the out stack, move a CD from the in stack to the CD rom drive and close
the CD drive.
I don't think I'll have a problem with knowing when the drive opens, or
closing it afterwords, nor do I feel knowing where the CD/in/out trays will
be too difficult.What I feel is beyond my grasp (sorry for the phun) is th
finger on the end of the arm that must retrive the top disk from a large
stack of CDs and not drop it as the arm moves from point to point.
This is pretty much what I'm trying to achive, though my first attempt will
be missing several features.
http://www.microboards.com/new/article.php?story=20030417113748644

Thanks!