 Robotics / 19976
Re: A Generic Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 23:52:39 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Henrik Erlandsson writes:
It's the "constant link idea" (regardless of where the robot is), that I'm
hooked on.

OK now I'm less hooked on it. :P The common bottleneck and problem seems to
be communicating with the RCX.

Here's an idea:

Celphone Handsfree Jack -> 1200 or 2400 baud Modem -> LEGO serial IR tower
-> RCX

Would this work, if the link was established before you sent the Roverbot
exploring?

To pre-empt trashing by Steve, I must add that I intend to send no live
video streams over this 1200 baud line. :P but mission commands and mission
data, for example.