 Robotics / 19904
Re: A Generic Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 13:42:44 GMT

Sending info via cel phones is the only way that I can see which could
expand the robot's capabilities beyond 32K memory. (See above)
Hmm I chose cel phones because they are pretty standard products (unlike
Radio links etc), simple to use (few presses) and so on, but of course, any
link to a unit with memory/cpu could be an expansion...

Well, you can use multiple RCX's to extend the capabilities of your
robots.  If you are running low on free memory, the best way to get more
is to dump the Lego firmware and switch to BrickOS.  You can pack a lot
more into the available space that way.

...Like an IR link to another RCX, sure. But for image or sound processing
(i.e. helping to react to your audiovisual environment in an informed way) I
don't think even 10 RCX's are enough.

This said, I'n not even sure that _I'm_ reacting to _my_ audiovisual
environment in an informed way... :P