 Robotics / 19909
Re: A Generic Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:54:55 GMT

Henrik Erlandsson wrote:

With the images and sound being put directly into the PDA "brain", the only
communication that needs to be transmitted to/from the RCX has to do with
the "feet", i.e. the wheels/bumpers/grippers.

Yes - using the RCX as a fairly dumb motor controller and sensor input device
makes a lot of sense.  I've been doing that with the (even more primitive)
Scout computers using the RCX as the 'brain'.

    http://www.sjbaker.org/steve/lego/master_slave/

A modern PDA would make an excellent 'brain' - with the latest gadgets, you
can get a camera and a cel phone in the same box.  The only thing I wonder
is how easy it is to program the PDA to make use of those things.

Do people like Palm provide API to access the camera and cel phone?

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net