 Robotics / 19894
Re: A Generic Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 18:31:13 GMT

Text messaging is cheap in most countries...and if your phone can send • email
(mine can) then you can get the message directly into your PC.

I didn't really think about text messaging - pressing buttons multiple times
to enter code words could get tricky.

Modem tones?   I guess so - but you'd need to build some electronics to
do that - and it might just be simpler to build a data interface into the
radio.

I was thinking more along the lines of using the RCX's builtin beep codes -
though I just realized that wouldn't be very practical or effecient.  If
this is all for communicating to the computer, dialing the modem and getting
a DSP (or whatever chip they use to create the DTMF tones) chip to interface
with it would probably be the easiest.