 Robotics / 19893
Re: A Generic Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 17:54:48 GMT

Andy Gombos wrote:
I don't know about other places, but here cell phone service is expensive to
use as a robot communication method.

Text messaging is cheap in most countries...and if your phone can send email
(mine can) then you can get the message directly into your PC.

Perhaps a "personal radio" (They have a range of about 2 miles) would be
better, and data could be transmitted through tones.

Modem tones?   I guess so - but you'd need to build some electronics to
do that - and it might just be simpler to build a data interface into the
radio.
HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net