 Robotics / 19418
Re: Lego Technic: R.I.P. ?
Newsgroups:
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:58:11 GMT

Mindstorms concept. Instead, we get more dreck like Bionicle and Spybotics.

Issac.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laszlo Meszaros (ETH)" <Laszlo.Meszaros@eth.ericsson.se>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 6:58 AM
Subject: Lego Technic: R.I.P. ?

---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*
Technic is going to die I'm afraid. Or at least, the Technic products
under that name. The toothgears, the "punched" beams, axles etc might
survive in less "constructive" products that support role-play rather
than engineering skills. Simply TLC seems to withdraw from this segment.
Slowly but surely. I'm feeling it in the water. I'm feeling it in the
earth. I'm seeing the gradual change on the LEGO shelves in the shops.
Am I not too pessimistic?