 Robotics / 19427
Re: Lego Technic: R.I.P. ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:19:44 GMT

What does concern me is the lack of obvious interest in Mindstorms. I
haven't seen any flurries on the internet about Spybotics like there was • for
Mindstorms.

I think that's because many of the people who got excited about Mindstorms
share my total disinterest in Spybotics. I wanted more sensors, more
actuators, and more support parts (planetary gears, etc) for my Mindstorms
robotics... not bigger, dumber bricks with less flexibility.

Just like the giant, misshapen plates and bricks that have invaded the
traditional LEGO kits, the Spybotics brain/sensor/actuator blob is a pox
upon all that Mindstorms seemed at first to represent: flexible,
reconfigurable robotics. I thought LEGO would have learned a lesson with
their abysmal MicroScout, but evidently not.

I see no reason to believe that TLC is really
behind Mindstorms.

Nor do I... they are behind Spiderman and Harry Potter and wherever else
they think the fad money is today.

Issac.