 Robotics / 19410
Re: Lego Technic: R.I.P. ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:35:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've offered a similar sentiment about both Technic and Mindstorms on this
list. Folks have routinely said "Nah, you're too pessimistic!" but like you,
I think the proof is on store shelves today (or, rather, NOT on store
shelves). It appears to me that LEGO has concluded that the unwashed masses
are too stupid or have too short an attention span for them to produce
products like the legendary Space Shuttle kit, or to expand on the
Mindstorms concept. Instead, we get more dreck like Bionicle and Spybotics.

Issac.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laszlo Meszaros (ETH)" <Laszlo.Meszaros@eth.ericsson.se>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 6:58 AM
Subject: Lego Technic: R.I.P. ?

---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*
Technic is going to die I'm afraid. Or at least, the Technic products
under that name. The toothgears, the "punched" beams, axles etc might
survive in less "constructive" products that support role-play rather
than engineering skills. Simply TLC seems to withdraw from this segment.
Slowly but surely. I'm feeling it in the water. I'm feeling it in the
earth. I'm seeing the gradual change on the LEGO shelves in the shops.
Am I not too pessimistic?