 Robotics / 19419
Re: Lego Technic: R.I.P. ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:40:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Maybe the question
ought to be, what are we, the robotics friends of Lego, doing about
attracting interest from the younger generation?

I don't think I'm a "friend of LEGO" anymore.

I was one of the biggest boosters they had, encouraging friends into the
hobby and moderating their official online forums. I stuck with them for a
long time, even buying sets that were clearly inferior in the hopes of
showing support for Technics/Mindstorms to encourage future products. What
I've seen instead is a steady decline in the quantity and quality of
available Technics/Mindstorms kits, and an upswing on their various
movie-themed lines and non-brick products like games.

LEGO got plenty of my money and plenty of my time. If they want any more
they're going to have to earn it.

Issac.