 Robotics / 13432
Re: vision command idea...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:26:37 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mike Fusion writes:
okay, i guess i am not getting the proper idea across...
i do not want a synchro-drive, i'm looking for a solution to the problem of
having the back wheels turn opposite from the front wheels thus trimming the
turing radius down.  now, the drive direction will be the same direction
relative to the chassis, i have come up with a solution that does not use a
"real" rack and pinion steering, and each axel has a differential,

now look closer, if you see i say "actually i wasn't talking about a
synchro- i am going to tackle that problem
when i get some more turntables" immediately before you tell me that you
have a solution that is a synchro-drive but it only gives 100 DOF.

it was just a little problem but i think that i have to get a site up, does
anyone have a solution to get the steering linkage around the drive linkage?
something neat and clean, not too much play i have a previous solution but
it doesn't use all-wheel drive, six wheel and the middle gears drive.

Hi Mike,

I of course see that you are willing to build a robot that turns front and
back wheels in different direction! But you said :".... i am going to tackle
that problem when i get some more turntables"!
Right?
The only thing I wanted to do is share my ideas and work with you (the
possibility to build a synchrodrive (i know you wouldn't build a synchro !)
without the Lego turntables ! If you're not interested ignore it, someone
else propably will be. No need to be upset !!!

Any comments about my last paragraph in my last posting (VC-multiswitch) ?

Now to your problem.
Have you thought about a "wheel-loader" style ? (Is this the right word ?
I'm german. Four wheels, large shovel, Caterpillar for example)
Using your obvious existing turntable in the middle between the front and
back axles ?

I saw such a vehicle that was able to turn as much that there was a 90
degree angle between front ans back wheel. It nearly turns on the spot.

Rainer