 Robotics / 13504
Re: vision command idea...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:26:47 GMT

Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> writes:

The reason I usually end up tinkering with suspension is the need
for powered models, assuming they use differentials, to have the
wheels in contact with the ground at all times. For this reason I
often don't care if the suspension mechanism resembles the real one
or not, only that it does what is required. I'm even thinking about
unsprung mechanisms now.

Many kinds of construction equpiment actually use unsprung
suspensions, so I think this is a sane approach.  A telescopic
handler, for example, needs to be able to lift many different kinds of
weights, hence it cannot have the kind of suspension you would
normally find in a truck or a car.

If you are building a vehicle with two axles, it makes sense to have
one of them tiltable.  That way all four wheels will touch the ground
at once.  The new 4WD LEGO car does this:

    http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8279

Fredrik