 Robotics / 13515
Re: vision command idea...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:52:13 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

If you are building a vehicle with two axles, it makes sense to have
one of them tiltable.  That way all four wheels will touch the ground
at once.

Indeed - I've seen a good variation of this with a 4 axled vehicle which
had two bogies with two axles each. Each pair of wheels on the side of
each  bogie had longitudinal pendulum type unsprung suspension, and the
front bogie had an additional unsprung transverse pendulum. Logical, but
I imagine it would make for a somewhat bumpy ride. From what I gather,
either the cabin or operator's seat is sprung on such vehicles.

Jennifer Clark