 Robotics / 13514
Re: Touch Sensor Caracteristics?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:12:19 GMT

Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

It seems to me that the touch sensors have very different
caracteristics. One has ~ 390 ohms and another ~ 480 when
pressed to the bottom. Also, when pressed just gently,
they seem to have a higher resistance.

Is this correct?

Yes.

Is there anyone who has compiled a table so that not
everyone has to re-invent the wheel?

That's not possible, as they are all slightly different,
and it also varies a little over time.

I measured it for my sensors with the RCX, depressing
them slowly by a rack and measuring every 1/100mm
(nominally, i think LEGO technic is rather imprecise at this scale).
For example, here's a datalog for the red touch sensor:

36
36
36
36
36
36
36
36
36
36
36
37
37
38
38
39
39
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
48
50
52
54
56
61
65
70
78
109
457
556
556
556
556
556
556
556
556
556
556
556

You see, it takes about 0.25mm from the first effect to the full value
(values are raw input values).

I have found a lot of resources on Mindstorms and
CyberMaster, but they are too complicated to me. Is there
a beginner's tutorial for hackers? Even the Sensors Basics
at http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/lego.htm#basics
is not basic enogh for me :(

So what do you want to do with the sensors?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/