 Robotics / 109
Re: Extreme Creatures, Cybermasters, etc?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 19:35:29 GMT

Moz (Chris Moseley) wrote in message ...

Those are still available from Dacta in the US I think, so try the Pittsco
catalogue first. Someone here will know more. about that. But be aware that
the link-based treads are fairly weak, so you end up using a row of gears
along the bottom to hold them together (as per real bulldozers).

I will check out Pittsco!  I have always had a hard time finding information
about them.  I needed a large turntable at one point, and just ended up
getting the Log Loader form S@H.  I needed some of the pieces in the set so
It wasn't the most expensive piece I have HAD to get.  I had fun with the
model as well!

As far as the chain weakness... I guess it will have to do.  I will have a
look at your workarounds and try to deal with it.  It would be nice if the
tracks were as bombproof as the rest of the model.  My alternative was
letting the model "vibrate" across the table on 40-tooth gears. :)

But they're not really up to the more vigorous types
of tricks - like climbing all over the stuff on my Lego table

Speaking of scrambling over the Lego table, I have finished LDrawing my hand
size model with rocker-boogie suspension.  I will be hopefully posting a
link to some renderings tomorrow.  What/where I can post to lugnet.  I have
the ldraw file (probaly lugnet.cad), and the rederings? ...  I don't think
that they are to be posted at Lugnet?.  I just don't have a webpage,
although I will try to piggyback on my dads page, he's away for the weekend
and I know is password ;).  Maybe some one here wouldn't mind putting the
pic on their server for a few days... you wouldn't have to link it from you
page or anything, just put it on your server so people form here could have
a look.

LINC