 Robotics / 86
Re: Extreme Creatures, Cybermasters, etc?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 15:04:38 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:
In the supplied models that use the treads, the wheels are suspended by
four very large specialized pieces, one on each side of the wheels.

But you could use the treads without, yeah? I'd really like some better
treads, as the ones that come in Mindstorms RIS, Tread Trekker, and Mountain
Rambler are too small for a lot of things. (Particularly, hard to power
and still have a lot of clearance underneath your vehicle.)

the wheels/treads directly.  The treaded constructions has a lot of
friction inherented, so the motors must be extremely powerful to drive
them.  I notice that the motor part of the unit gets somewhat hot after
playing with it, so it probably spends batteries quite quickly.

Interesting. The batteries in my Mindstorms creations seem to last forever.