 Robotics / 108
Re: Extreme Creatures, Cybermasters, etc?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 20:03:19 GMT

Linc Smith wrote in message ...
I am I understanding that you have treads that are larger and more flexible
than the ones that came with the mountain rambler?

Yeah, CyberMaster ones.

I am dying to get
something bigger for an pneumatic project I am working on.  I figured I was
going to have to buy a $300 1980's bulldozer to get treads that will fit the
scale... Uggg!

Those are still available from Dacta in the US I think, so try the Pittsco
catalogue first. Someone here will know more. about that. But be aware that
the link-based treads are fairly weak, so you end up using a row of gears
along the bottom to hold them together (as per real bulldozers). I tend to
feed power to them too (by using a row of 24T gears spaced apart by 8T ones)
which works quite well. But they're not really up to the more vigorous types
of tricks - like climbing all over the stuff on my Lego table (pics on my
web site http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~moz1/trucks.html - bottom 3 pics,
including a snow groomer chassis that uses 4 sets of the smaller tracks.
I doubt I'll be getting 4 sets of the CyberMaster tracks :)

HTH
Moz