 Robotics / 95
Re: Extreme Creatures, Cybermasters, etc?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:00:39 GMT

mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:

But you could use the treads without, yeah?

Yes, you can.  I haven't tried that, though, so it may very well be that
you'll have a hard time trying build a chassis that fits the treads
correctly.  But it's probably just a matter of adjusting the yellow
wheels properly.

An interesting thing about the black frame is that the rearmost wheel is
powered.  This is where the treads take a 90° turn, so the tread covers
a large portion of it.  This is probably a clever design idea, as the
treads will most cerainly not slip the driving wheel.

Interesting. The batteries in my Mindstorms creations seem to last forever.

Well, I was just speculating, mostly.  I haven't actually worn out any
batteries yet.

Fredrik