 Pirates / 3237
Re: My Ships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:17:54 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Alex Polimeni writes:

Thanks for the Bomb Ketch pictures! that is going to be about the size of
it...in fact, almost none of my ships will be bigger then that.

However, i think i could handle the ships you have in harbor. because, here is
my fleet:
The British squadron:
2 Schooners, basilisk and shearwater,
2 cutters, rippon and comet
1 brig, Trial
1 Bomb Ketch, Vesuvius
1 Sloop, confounder (a remake of Goldfinch)
1 Frigate, Halifix. (flagship.)

that is eight ships. they are all small ships, but i find two things: small
ships can get in alot more interesting trouble then ships of the line,
ships of the line are VERY hard to make, and last of all- who wants to blockade, and rot on patrol?

But the French Squadron of Port Brique has the advantage of consisting of a
brig and a pair of chase maries (sloops in the modern sense of sloop)
assisted by three single cannon sailing gunboats. And they have the even
bigger advantage of not just being planned, but actually existing! ;-)

With my fleet of little ships, i can go into Port Brique and destroy, loot and
cut out your ships at will!

Ahhh...

Have you considered the ports defenses?
(http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/southernfortsmall.jpg
is but a small portion of them)

you might have a chance if you deployed at sea..

The grand armie (http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/~1285/PortBrique/GrandArmie)
will make short work of landing parties!

but wait, the Frogs always did let their ships and their crews rot
at anchor!!!

The Northern hemisphere commanders perhaps, but not Jacques Legeaux!

Frog!!(best luck on you ships, anyhow.)

Mmmmm... frogs legs. On the menu at the ABC cafe in Port Brique.

HH, Commodore of HM squadron, deployed in the azores, currently.

The Azores? Probably best the squadron stays there.... the South Pacifique
could be a dangerous place for them ;-)

Cheers

Richie