 Pirates / 3327
3326  |  3328
Subject:
Building a Ship of the Line (was Re: Ships (was Re: My Ships))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:17:09 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.pirates, John Henry Kruer writes: • <snip>
I don't see very many ship-of-the-lines here on Lugnet.  :)
Which is a pity... there have been a few, though.

The big issue is hulls - the LEGO hulls are not wide enough to render a ship
of the line easily. Lots of people have considered cutting them though...
and I recall a claim that it had been done (but no pics were forthcoming).

While I still think the big issue is hulls, I was dissassembling an Ogel
underwater base last night, and have begun wondering about
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30201 as the basis for a big ship.

Not that the Misérable isn't big enough for me at the moment, but maybe one
day...

Cheers

Richie