 Pirates / 3250
3249  |  3251
Subject:
Ships (was Re: My Ships)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 01:33:35 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, John Henry Kruer writes:

Not neccisaraly.  Frigates are just as speedy as smaller ships, yet pack a
much bigger punch.  Don't forget range and strength of weapons.  And larger
ships are much harder to sink then little flimsy cutters.

I don't see very many ship-of-the-lines here on Lugnet.  :)

Which is a pity... there have been a few, though.

The big issue is hulls - the LEGO hulls are not wide enough to render a ship
of the line easily. Lots of people have considered cutting them though...
and I recall a claim that it had been done (but no pics were forthcoming).

Ships of the line have less play value than the smaller ships. Frigates, in
particular, get to go to interesting places and do interesting things.

Coming soon... John Blockford's mercenary force
http://jhkruer.com/piratet.jpg

That's a nice little brig you have there! More modern looking than the BSB...

Cheers

Richie