 Pirates / 3247
Re: My Ships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:11:40 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Alex Polimeni writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Alex Polimeni writes:

Ah, threatening. but more likely just a pose.

Why do you think i chose to have a fleet of small, almost tiny ships? with
perhaps five marines each? not just because i have a shortage of bricks.
My ketch can bash into the ports defenses, while staying out of range.

Out of range of what, exactly? Port Brique has mortars and long guns too.
And if a ketch is bobbing about off the coast lobbing shells at the Port,
it's a relativeling easy matter to dispatch a ship or two to teach it a
lesson ;-)

My frigate and Sloop can make short work of most of what you can send out.

You reckon? How many guns between them? And not little six pound pea
shooters, but real guns?

besides, i can dash out to sea, making you follow. and you never know what i
could be planning, then.... Mu hahahaah!

Mu hahahaha? Is that the sound of an Englishman drowning? :-)

If you've got vessels that small, what do intend raiding Port Brique for?
You're not going to carry off much in bathtubs with sails! ;-)

You continue to forget the efficiency of the british. I can pull off a lot of
things-and your huge shore batteries cant even hit me in the dark!
You also forget my personal fighting strategys..one of em: dont lock into
battle directly.

Yes, yes, you can sail around like a squadron of angry mosquitos, but what
are you actually going to do? Where are you going to put the treasure?

twenty, at the most, marines against your Grande Army which has-how many
soldeirs? But, your huge army can just blunder here and there, smashing and
destroying, attemting to get me. where as my light marines can spread out,
skirmishing and slowly wearing your army out.

Those red coats are awfully easy to spot in the jungle....

And blue coats are not?
Blue might not be camoflage pattern green, but it's closer than red!

besides, think. they may be easy to spot, but i can
spread out, as i stated.

Chain shot spreads out too ;-)

try to smoke out a guy here, a guy there-with a large
force in a collum. you also seem to forget my little three-pounder freinds,
which can be moved with shore partys! :)

Oh, and thats a way to keep the people in luege with you. "if you dont follow
us, we chop of your head." Pooh. I can probably get your war-ravaged
civillians to rebel.

The English inciting the French to revolution! Hah!

Yeah? well, your civillions are tired of being constantly killed and forced
into service at Boneys will.
They will rebel, give them the chance.

They already have, that's the point!

and, as the cause of my fleet, i will rip, shoot and burn all Tricolors
i find.

For every tricolour you burn, another two will be raised in it's place! Vive
la Port Brique!!

long live port brick?
Spelling! Spelling, Mr Hornbriquer!

pah! i can dash in and out of your villages, smashing
things at will. and your huge army, trying to attack in force, will be
helpless! Ha-ha!

Villages? Port Brique is a fortified town... not some flimsy island settlement.

(strange, my national colors are red, white and blue....)
Well, there are only so many colours to choose from (and so many dyes).

Commodore Lord Sir Hornblocks colors are Red and blue.

Commodore Lord Sir Horatio Hornblock.

'Commodore Lord Sir'? Is that possible? In any case, a 'Commodore Lord Sir'
deserves a decent ship (you know, three masts, lots of cannon, decent
freeboard)! ;-)

Why do i even WANT a huge ship?

Well, if you're a commodore....

if i hade a huge ship, id lose my fighting
prowess. you realise, big ships are stuck with battleing other big ships.
little ships are better.

You reckon? That one foot of freeboard will be your undoing... it's a long
way from the Azores to the South Pacifique.

Cheers

Richie Dulin