 Pirates / 3249
3248  |  3250
Subject:
Lobsters and Frogs debate...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:16:47 GMT

But why should he dash out?  It'll bee just like you running away if not.

Dash out- here is why. i know that i dont stand a chance in a ship-to-ship
broadside-to-braodside action with Port Briques ships. so, i dash out to sea
with them on my tail, leave em behind, poke my head out ever once and a while,
taking pot shots at them, and dissapear again. breaking up Port Briques fleet,
demoralizing the crews, etc. its a perfect plan.

If you've got vessels that small, what do intend raiding Port Brique for?
You're not going to carry off much in bathtubs with sails! ;-)

You continue to forget the efficiency of the british. I can pull off a lot of
things-and your huge shore batteries cant even hit me in the dark!
You also forget my personal fighting strategys..one of em: dont lock into
battle directly.

But it's pretty hard to get into a harbor without going through some guard
ships.  And twenty marines in an unfilimiar armed city against
sixty-something marines wouldn't fare well.

getting into the harbour? why do you think i have several officers trained in
speaking french fluently? because, i can lure guard boats beside me-and kill or
disable their crews without a noise.

twenty, at the most, marines against your Grande Army which has-how many
soldeirs? But, your huge army can just blunder here and there, smashing and
destroying, attemting to get me. where as my light marines can spread out,
skirmishing and slowly wearing your army out.

Those red coats are awfully easy to spot in the jungle....

And blue coats are not?

Good point.  :) • Thanks.

they may be easy to spot, but i can
spread out, as i stated. try to smoke out a guy here, a guy there-with a large
force in a collum. you also seem to forget my little three-pounder freinds,
which can be moved with shore partys! :)

What about shore batteries?  A small dispersed force will not do much
against an army.

A small dispersed force is better against an army then another army. again, i
take into acount the demoralizing effect. and shore batteries- that does not
really matter. what is the chances they are going to hit a boat or two in the
dead of night?

The English inciting the French to revolution! Hah!

Yeah? well, your civillions are tired of being constantly killed and forced
into service at Boneys will.

And what did the British impressment gangs do differently?

You have a good point here. but, i can trust my crews, and they are well
trained, as all british seamen are.
and, after a long amount at sea, a good deal of British seamen didnt mind the
hardship. from what i know, just about all French seamen would desert if land
was in sight.

and, as the cause of my fleet, i will rip, shoot and burn all Tricolors
i find.

For every tricolour you burn, another two will be raised in it's place! Vive
la Port Brique!!

long live port brick? pah! i can dash in and out of your villages, smashing
things at will. and your huge army, trying to attack in force, will be
helpless! Ha-ha!

Villages?  Isn't this on some island in the pacific?

i dont even know. it is not in my orders to smash port brique yet, and frankly,
i deal with one thing at a time.

An army can disperse, too.  And 68 versus 20 people is not an even match.

(strange, my national colors are red, white and blue....)
Well, there are only so many colours to choose from (and so many dyes).

Commodore Lord Sir Hornblocks colors are Red and blue.

Mercenary Captain J. Blockford's colors are black and red.  :)

Cool.

Commodore Lord Sir Horatio Hornblock.

'Commodore Lord Sir'? Is that possible? In any case, a 'Commodore Lord Sir'
deserves a decent ship (you know, three masts, lots of cannon, decent
freeboard)! ;-)

Why do i even WANT a huge ship? if i hade a huge ship, id lose my fighting
prowess. you realise, big ships are stuck with battleing other big ships.
little ships are better.

Not neccisaraly.  Frigates are just as speedy as smaller ships, yet pack a
much bigger punch.  Don't forget range and strength of weapons.  And larger
ships are much harder to sink then little flimsy cutters.

ill keep my cutters, but your points here about frigates are the exact reasons
why i want one, and not some huge blundering three-decker.

I don't see very many ship-of-the-lines here on Lugnet.  :) • i can see why.

This is an interresting little debate.  Keep it up, as long as it stays civil.

ill try to keep it at that.

Coming soon... John Blockford's mercenary force
http://jhkruer.com/piratet.jpg

Cant wait

To aid the highest bidder, or higher thinker.  Money is the biggest
motivator.  :)

-JHK

Ill see what prize money i can get from the Azores. maby ill hire you! :)

HH