 Pirates / 3065
3064  |  3066
Subject:
Solider buckets and bucketing soldiers (was Re: Design your own 1000 piece tub)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 01:45:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl writes:
Well, let's see, you somewhat lambasted Tim Courtney for assuming
he was speaking for the GP about Brickshelf, and now you assume
for everyone else (as you have done before)...

"Most people want lots of soldiers"?

Care to qualify that a bit more?

MAYBE "most castle people".  Or "most people Richie Dulin knows
in his small circle of contacts"...

Maybe 'most people not in Tom's circle' :-)  Richie's circle is rather
impressive affair in my experience.  Largely happy and open-hearted folks
too.  Go figure.  Not so auspicious a circle as the inestimable Tom no doubt
(perish the thought), but even so...

I'd buy this set.  Buckets of it ;-)  And I most certainly like the idea,
despite it being rather unlikely.

I would bet that many (if not MOST) train/space/Technic people
wouldn't have much interest in a bucket of soldiers.

Let them sort out their own buckets ;-)

Something that specific would probably be better served by a
small bulk pack.  I would certainly not produce such a bucket if *I*
were in charge within TLG, unless it was an obscenely small run of
10,000 or so, or my job would most likely be very limited in time
soon after, as TLG ended up sitting on way too many soldiers (yeah,
I know, this is a a Blue Sky thread, the above is most likely
understood...).

I'll pass on extending the whole 'if *Tom Stangl* was in charge of Lego'
thingie.  Its difficult, but I think I can do it  <<grits teeth>>

I couldn't care less about a soldier bucket, unless maybe TLG finally
relented and made a WW2 soldier bucket, with proper colorations.  But
even then, I'd probably buy one at most (whereas I rarely buy less
than 10 of most other buckets of bricks/plates they release).

WW2 eh?  There goes the 'being in charge of Lego' thingie.

<<chuckle>>

Richard
Still baldly going...