 General / 40095
Re: Design your own 1000 piece tub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:14:03 GMT

Nice idea, but not for me. I'd prefer 70% bricks/ 30% plates and keep the
rest. If I need greeblies (same as widgets I guess?) or slopes I'll buy the
normal bulk packs.

Duq

"Jeff Szklennik" <jeffszklennik@usaexpress.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
No, sorry... it's not an official LEGO contest.  Though wouldn't it be
interesting if it was?  No, let's think of this more like a fantasy • baseball
league.  You can draft any piece you want into your tub, in any colors
and/or quantities you want.  But... just to make it a bit more balanced, • why
not see if you can provide some sort of marketing rationale for your tub.
In other words, why would people want to buy the 1000 pieces you put
together into your dream tub?
SNIP
Anyone else want to join in this little fantasy design session?

All the best,
Allan B.

I thought it would be really cool to have a bucket of bricks, plates, • slopes, &
greeblies & maybe a fig or 2 ALL in one color (except the fig(s) ), just • to see
the FORM of an idea, kind of a test-build bucket, then assign colors from • your
own collection, OR (even better) if Lego made the SAME selection of pieces • in
EVERY color! (white bucket, blue bucket, trans-orange bucket, etc.)  My
'spread' would be:
40% basic bricks
20% slopes
wedges (sloped on side OTHER than stud/socket)
20% plates
10% wings
10% greeblies

Jeff, cross-posting to .dear-lego