 General / 40156
Re: Design your own 1000 piece tub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:59:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Wilson writes:
It's an amazing deal, even compared with the 3033 1200 piece, which was a
ridiculously good deal.

I really strongly disagree. Over 300 of the 1000 pieces are 1x1 bricks! I
believe that is less than useful for people who build Big Stuff (1x4's! we
need 1x4's!) and disappointing for kids too.

Where else are you going to find 1000 pieces (regardless of shape or size)
for $19.97 Canadian?    Sure the distribution isn't ideal, but it's still a
deal for most people.  Plus, most of the purchasers of 4107 are normal
families who will see it as a welcome addition of basic bricks.

If what you need is 1x4's (22 in 9 colors out of the 1000) or 1x6's (8 in 4
colors out of the 1000) or 2x4's (24 in 10 colors out of the 1000) you are
probably better off buying the expensive bulk packs than you are buying
4107's. It even makes it hard for Bricklink sellers to provide decent
amounts of useful sizes.

You're making an assessment of the value of certain bricks and also to the
purpose of the tub (building certain kinds of models or selling them off on
an auction site).

For some people, 1x1's are plenty useful!  I find myself running out of
1x1's all the time.  For you, maybe not.  For the average family, who knows?
But this is why Allan has started this thread to ask what enthusiasts want.

What I'm saying is simply put, 1000 pieces for $20 is great deal.
Regardless of distribution. 1000 pieces of say....BURPs even, is a good deal.

Calum