 Pirates / 3066
3065  |  3067
Subject:
Pirate thoughts from the 2003 Adventurers line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 01:24:50 GMT

An interesting pirate possibility is 7409. People have been making
blackguards (or Brunswickers) from Captain Redbeard torsos for years - well,
at least, I think they have :-).

Anyway, it occurs to me that the new bad guy torso has a reasonable
resemblance to the Captain Redbeard one (at least, from the photos, I think
it does, but if it does come with a preprinted revolver, it could be scraped
off).

Which is good, but what about the headgear for a soldier?

It further occurs to me that taking a sharp knife (or spinning cutting disk)
and trimming 3/4s of the brim from a top hat (such as the one conveniently
included in 7409) would yield a presentable shako substitute. (If you wanted
to get carried away, you could glue part of the brim back on as a plume).

I'll post a pic of the modified top hat in the next day or so (sunlight
permitting - it's a bit dim in Sydney at the moment).

Cheers

Richie