 Pirates / 3058
Re: Design your own 1000 piece tub
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 06:56:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
No, sorry... it's not an official LEGO contest.  Though wouldn't it be
interesting if it was?  No, let's think of this more like a fantasy baseball
league.  You can draft any piece you want into your tub, in any colors
and/or quantities you want.  But... just to make it a bit more balanced, why
not see if you can provide some sort of marketing rationale for your tub.
In other words, why would people want to buy the 1000 pieces you put
together into your dream tub?

Most people want lots of soldiers....

My soldier army building tub:

1 Decorated (Governer's) Bicorn
1 Plain Bicorn
15 Black Tricorns
150 Shakos
2 Governer Torso + Heads (1)
165 Soldier Torso + Heads
150 Red Epaulettes
17 Yellow Epaulettes (or maybe 15 yellow + 2 white)
167 White Legs
150 Backpacks
150 Muskets
15 Pistols
17 Cutlasses

Total 1,000 pieces

This yields 150 Soldiers, 15 Junior Officers and two Senior Officers.

Unfortunately, I ran out of pieces to include a plume wheel or two.

Cheers

Richie

(1) IIRC lego includes head & torso as one piece in piece counts on boxes...
I may have to recalculate if this is not the case.