 Pirates / 2145
2144  |  2146
Subject:
Friedrich der Grosse (was: Re: The Next Grey Monster.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:55:46 GMT

   Hi all,

   Well, _Friedrich der Grosse_ and I are back from Fest,
   after several harrowing moments and a few jostles on the
   way home owing to a flat tire (sorry again about the bad
   juju, Chris!) that necessitated its removal from the trunk
   on the shoulder of I-295 in order to get at the spare, and
   my own rather bizarre half-asleep and flu-ridden driving later.
   She's still in five sections, but everything's there and
   all I need is a few free hours to take some strategic snaps
   and put together a page using those and the EXCELLENT pics
   that Chris Weeks and Troy Cefaratti took at BrickFest (and
   have graciously allowed me to use once I get a page laid
   out).  Their photos are far better resolution than my camera
   can take, and are no doubt the best possible given the close
   quarters here in my apartment.  My ships don't get out much.
   ;)

   But in any case, the pictures are up already in the BrickFest
   2001 Archives:

   http://www.brickfest.com/archives2001.html

   So if you want to see the finished ship now, look at the
   pictures there first!  FdG came out very well--I walked away
   with the vote for best large sculpture MOC (if only because
   people didn't realize that Eric Harshbarger's San Fran mosaic
   was "voteable") as well as nice ego strokes from lots of people.
   (Thanks, everyone! :) ) My head is now four times its pre-Fest
   size, which may or may not be a good thing.  (*whonk* ow!)

   The Pirate Game, of course, was a blast--but Frank will surely
   produce a far better and more detailed writeup soon.  I hope
   we can get more of the .pirateheads from around the world to
   come out next time round--at least, more from the immediate
   area.  Arrr!  And, of course, I hope we'll be less on the
   periphery next time--even though we did just fine where we were,
   it's always nice to be in the thick of things.

   best

   Lindsay