 Pirates / 2114
Re: The Next Grey Monster.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 06:34:55 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Tony Priestman writes:
OK, I see your point about the sharp transition, but nonetheless, it's a
mighty fine lookin ship.

   Hey, thanks!  But it's still not even 50% done at the waterline.
   I "solved" the curvature problem by mixing my building styles--
   a "softer" curved fairing is above what you see in those images
   now.  It also gives me enough clearance to hide the anchors!

   But alas, now I have to contend with (ominous music)...running
   low on grey!  I still have about 2/3 of it, but I'm now low on
   2x4 bricks, and they're on backorder at S@H.  :(  But I'm not
   yet anywhere near short on grey plates!  :)  (Sorry, Mr. Callaway!)

   Tomorrow being a holiday here in the US (nothing any Briton
   should care about, naturally, yawn, ho hum), I may actually
   have most of the hull finished up to the AD by Thursday morn!
   Then, of course, comes superstructure and detailing.

   Now if only I could get some lectures written...and some islands
   built.

   best

   Lindsay