 Pirates / 2127
Re: The Next Grey Monster.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:00:35 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Hmmm, well, I took another semi-teaser of the ship in
  "fitting-out" (albeit without her stern 20% in place--
  the ship's too long for the room otherwise) as it stands
  this evening:

  http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/sitrep0708.jpg

She's just beautiful (or with a male name and a German ship, would we say
he's beautiful?)

Just beautiful.

  Take a look.  Unfortunately the turrets are a bit on the
  "British" side--and they resemble much more closely German
  predreadnought turrets than dreadnought turrets--but I like
  the way these look.  You can see all five of them, three in
  place and two more just cluttering the deck.  What a mess!

I like 'em.  I need to get in closer though :-)

  I have to have it around in case we decide to use a Class
  15-thousand-whatever ship in the Pirate Game (not bloody likely)

Sounds good to me.  We're still tacking towards a piratefest over here, and
I had idly wondered how turning up in a 1940's kit British Hunt Class
Destroyer Escort would work out ;-)  I figure just being able to run
directly into the wind would have to be one heck of a tactical advantage.

Richard
Still baldly going...