 Pirates / 2095
Re: The Next Grey Monster.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:07:47 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Hi, everyone.

clipped

  There are two "teaser" pics of the ship's forward 30%, which is
  complete to one deck above the AD (about 12 bricks high total).

  http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/bowside.jpg
  http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/bowtop.jpg

  In the latter picture, the problem with the curvature becomes
  apparent; I'm going to have to rework it so the sharp change
  in angle isn't so darn sharp.  I may also flare the bow some
  more, and raise the foredeck a bit.  Oh, and it needs "A"
  barbette sunken into it, but unfortunately this needs to go right
  about where I have my cool little mess-hall right now.  Darn!

  I'd love suggestions, ideas, thoughts--it's coming together
  nicely but my head hurts from thinking about the geometry.

  best

  Lindsay

From what I've seen, the curvature is looking good, you should be able to
get a more realistic curve working at a greater scale.

Is this going to be a Bismark type ship? Anyone have a Swordfish?

George