 Pirates / 2146
Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:23:51 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:

Larry was actually in no danger of losing his ship. There was only one
pirate left in base, and neither of the two cannon were manned by
pirates (one was actually in Larry's hands).

I got pretty lucky there what with having blown one cannon up from a good
distance, and on the next turn I managed to decrew the other one. I think
it's because my gunners got some practice shooting at Guano Island.

I will tell you this, I was going to offer quarter to the last remaining
pirate (but not the monkey) on my next turn ... Do the rules address that?
He would have made a good cabin boy, the dirty little nipper.

Yes, you would have been able to offer quarter and impress him.

Was that a "port" or a pirate base? If it was a port, I would have loved to
try to leave a loyal guy or 3 behind to try to run it for the glory of the
Imperium....

Pirate base.

I think in future games I'm going to do more to determine what the
resources of each port actually are. I think there should be some
capability of attacking a base, but it should be hard (if any of you are
familiar with Avalon Hill's Blackbeard, you will see an example which I
_don't_ like, that game makes one of the most profitable activities once
you have a large ship being to sack ports - I don't think that much
sacking actually happened in real life).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com