 Pirates / 2147
Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:53:17 GMT

I think in future games I'm going to do more to determine what the
resources of each port actually are. I think there should be some
capability of attacking a base, but it should be hard (if any of you are
familiar with Avalon Hill's Blackbeard, you will see an example which I
_don't_ like, that game makes one of the most profitable activities once
you have a large ship being to sack ports - I don't think that much
sacking actually happened in real life).

    Hmm, I have about 10 turret mounted cannons on each port which usually
dissuades people from attacking it. Plus the fact that the ports generally
have a number of warships at their disposal to defend with...

    Generally I try to make attacking ports difficult.

        Steve