 People / 1853
Re: Wedding Attendee List?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:20:31 GMT

In lugnet.people, Frank Filz writes:
[...] Like Larry, I've considered just getting tickets anyway
also, but I respect Todd's and Suzanne's desire for there not to be
gatherings independant of the wedding.

Oh, I wouldn't say THAT.  :-s   I think other gatherings are a great idea.
I just read this morning that LUGOLA was or is potentially considering
having a get-together on Thursday or Friday or Sunday (I forget when,
exactly, but anyway).

I think that would be fantastic for people!

I just take it as a given that if there are 50-60 AFOLs in the Carlsbad/
San Diego/Los Angeles area that weekend, it's natural for people to get
together multiple times.

What made me uncomfortable when I freaked out a few weeks ago was the
thought of someone organizing and promoting something earlier in the day on
Saturday or on Sunday at LLC, as some kind of add-on.  I think it was the
word "event" that set me off and made me nervous more than anything.  It's a
wedding and we want to keep it a wedding.

However, that said, I'd hate for anything I've said to put the skids on
anything that people want to do before or after outside of LLC, or any kind
of informal get-together before or after at LLC.

--Todd