 People / 1852
Re: Wedding Attendee List?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:20:30 GMT

In lugnet.people, Mark Rideout writes:
I just went ahead and bought the ticket with an understanding that it
was an "open" invitation. I thought the formal invitations were just
a formality for us and a way for Todd and Suzanne to have a general
count.
I hope I'm not disappointed! ;)

OK, some quick good news...  As far as I'm aware, everyone at this point who
filled out a request form is being sent a formal invitation.  I believe the
invitations will be going out sometime mid-this-week, and I believe that LLC
will be checking names from some kind of list at the gate (both for day
passes and the evening activities), but I'm not sure if the invitation will
be needed to get in, so plan on bringing a photo ID, I guess.  :-)

But technically speaking, it's not an open invitation, no.  (Imagine if
several hundred people had made the request.  We're not independently
wealthy, so we'd have to make tough choices or draw straws or something.
:-)  I think the current list stands at something like 50-60 -- plenty for a
fun time!!!

--Todd