Re: Proposed Brikwars Scenario
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 16:08:00 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Mike Rayhawk writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jorge Fernandez writes:
But here's the catch for the Aliens, there is a WTF_was_that!?!? 1d6 roll
that a trooper will take when he is in the same room where an Alien is
hiding or that goes something like this:

WTF_was_that Roll:
1     Nothing happens
2     The trooper believes he heard something
3     The trooper believes he saw something
4     The trooper heard something
5     The trooper saw something
6     The trooper can see the Alien

Hee hee hee

*OH GOD!* Mike Rayhawk read my post and *ALSO* replied to it!
I'm no longer a regular trooper! I've been upgraded to Hero, I can die with
honor!!!

Now you've got to think of a way to make troopers take "imagining things"
rolls as they get more and more freaked out.  Such as, any time soldiers
enter a room, there's a chance of Freaking Out based on:

1. How many of his comrades have been subjected to a grisly alien butchering
2. The number of turns elapsed since the first alien kill
3. How few allies he has entering the room with him
4. Whether the lights are on or off
5. Whether the aliens have decorated the room with abstract patterns of
Trooper-entrails

This might add one too many levels of complexity, but it shouldn't be hard
to find a way to limit freakout rolls until later in the game when there
aren't as many (intact) minifigs left in play.

That could make things really, really cool but also very complicated.

As the "Alien GM" you should probably keep notes on what the aliens were
doing each turn because, once the game is over, the other players will
probably want to know how everything went down the way it went down.

Everything is going to be on paper. From the starting position of each
Alien, to every move by turn and every attack. That's the only way I'll have
to control each creature during the game, also to prove that I'm not leaning
to any side in the confrontation and that I'm not cheating, which is always
hard, because everybody in NELUG knows that I'm constantly cheating.

Here's a picture of a poor trooper running for the CommLink to notify his
gruesome discovery and about to become Alien snack.

Thanks for your comments Mike

J.-

- Mike.