Re: Proposed Brikwars Scenario
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 21:38:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jorge Fernandez writes:

Everything is going to be on paper. From the starting position of each
Alien, to every move by turn and every attack. That's the only way I'll have
to control each creature during the game, also to prove that I'm not >leaning to any side in the confrontation and that I'm not cheating, which >is always hard, because everybody in NELUG knows that I'm constantly >cheating.

Here's a picture of a poor trooper running for the CommLink to notify his
gruesome discovery and about to become Alien snack.

Jorge, this looks amazing!  Not just the aliens, but the snippet of the room
that we can see looks fantastic.  I love the greeblies!  I love the computer
panels on the walls!  Circuitry!  Furniture!  And of course, the requisite
plastic mayhem!  I'm really impressed with everybody's effort so far.

Now, were you planning on playing only the aliens, and foregoing
participation on either the Federation or Faction teams?

Now, about those teams ... last time (WWII battle), Joe and I were on the
same team, so I think it's best for all concerned if I now have the
opportunity to kick Joe's butt.  So now there's Dave and Jonathan to
consider (and possibly Jorge, though he might be a third-party team).  And
frankly, I've had quite enough of Dave's poor attitude and inconsiderate
antics.  So, unless there is a lively objection, why don't we start the
teams with Jonathan and myself (even though we were on the same team last
time, Jonathan had to leave a bit early and courteously sacrificed his
troops in a ball of fire), mercilessly crushing Dave and Joe.  Anybody else
who wants to play can sign up for the Marines or the Factions, unless one
group has less players than the other, in which case each additional player
defaults to the underhanded team.

Again, unless there are objections, we'll set the budgets to 200 CP apiece.
That's enough for at least 10 well-equipped troopers per person, but not
enough to produce massive swarms of overwhelming numbers.

Let the mud-slinging begin!  And since I picked the initial teams, the other
side can choose whether they want to be Marines or Faction, and what their
general troop-motif will be (i.e., what color, distinguishing
characteristic, etc will differentiate them and identify them as being in
their organization - might I suggest a yellow-intensive color scheme, for
obvious reasons?

Thoughts?  Rebuttals?  Gastrointestinal distress resulting from the above?
As always, I am completely and utterly horrified by any decision-making
responsibilities bestowed upon myself, but this is my gift, this is my curse.

I am,
-s