Re: Proposed Brikwars Scenario
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:45:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
On Saturday, June 1, 2002, at 12:08 PM, Jorge Fernandez wrote:
[...]
Any time soldiers enter a room, there's a chance
of Freaking Out based on:

1. How many of his comrades have been subjected
   to a grisly alien butchering
2. The number of turns elapsed since the first
   alien kill
3. How few allies he has entering the room with
   him
4. Whether the lights are on or off
5. Whether the aliens have decorated the room
   with abstract patterns of Trooper-entrails

This might add one too many levels of complexity,
but it shouldn't be hard to find a way to limit
freakout rolls until later in the game when there
aren't as many (intact) minifigs left in play.

That could make things really, really cool but
also very complicated.

Yeah, I was mostly joking.  If you were going to do that it would have to be
something much simpler like, once any player has lost half of his units, he
rolls 1d6 for every remaining unit under his control at the beginning of
each turn.  Results as follows:

    1: Unit Freaks Out
  2-4: Unit considers firing madly in all directions,
       but decides against it
  5-6: Unit considers breaching the hull,
       but decides against it

Now if any of the conditions on my list are true, then results as follows:

    1: Unit Freaks Out
  2-4: Unit maintains control of bladder
  5-6: Unit maintains control of bladder AND bowels

If the unit is in a situation that is particularly disgusting or seems
extra-horrifying, then use these results instead:

    1: Unit Freaks Out
  2-4: Unit refrains from projectile vomiting in terror
  5-6: Unit also refrains from normal vomiting in nervousness

*OH GOD!* Mike Rayhawk read my post and *ALSO*
replied to it!  I'm no longer a regular trooper!
I've been upgraded to Hero, I can die with honor!!!

Ah, but he still loves ME better...

... we won't even *begin* to broach how he feels about me.

Well I used to like Shaun a lot better before he started deleting every
email I sent to him without bothering to read it.  I'm sure it's just a
subconscious compulsion, out of guilt for never publishing the "Ghoirboy"
chronicle.

As at least a couple of you may be aware, my love is based entirely on the
simple standard of who has the finest hardwood floors.  Shallow, I know, but
I can't deny my basic instincts.

- Mike.