 Organizations / United States / LUGOLA / *640 (-100)
  Re: Happy B-Day LUGOLA 2 yrs old!!!

Rick I am really sorry, but it wouldn't be me if I weren't stirring up some contraversy. The World Cafe sounds great, and thanx for being so proactive. I vote for April 13th or 20th. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out with (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Happy B-Day LUGOLA 2 yrs old!!!

I just spoke with Henry and don't worry we are not fighting. As he said he would like to go with the World Cafe spot. Here are some pics of the room: (URL) place I mentioned in the Marina is Casa Escobar. We can keep that for use in the distant (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Happy B-Day LUGOLA 2 yrs old!!!

I'm inclined to go with Rick's suggestions for an April meeting. Let's wait off on having a meeting at my apartment til I finish my next project (which will probably be too big to easily transport out of my apartment)--it's not like we won't have a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Happy B-Day LUGOLA 2 yrs old!!!

(...) Not sure what word you're referring to Scott. I said the restaurant was available (and they have tables). Every response I received was favorable and I was waiting for us to settle on the date. I thought we had outgrown anyones personal (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Happy B-Day LUGOLA 2 yrs old!!!

Since we do not yet have a definative word on the resturant in Santa Monica, and the weather is usually pretty nice in April, why not consider having the next meeting at Henry's place. I could bring one or two tables to help out and I think it would (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Happy B-Day LUGOLA 2 yrs old!!!

Wow, it's been 2 years. It's been fun meeting everyone and sharing our LEGO whackiness. Oh, I'm also fine with where and whenever for the next meeting (tentatively April in Santa Monica). But I'd like to not rule out my apartment in Redondo Beach (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUG question

(...) Yeah, I guess that would be me. One of these days I'll have enough space to become "the guy with the amazingly large castle!" (...) No, but I'm sure a LUGOLA search on Brickshelf would yield something. Jimmy (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Happy B-Day LUGOLA 2 yrs old!!!

Way back in the beginning of time Rick Kujawa and Henry Lim said "hey, is anybody out there?" Then great people like Dave Johann started to get involved as well as many others! Happy B-day Lugola, your two years old. My Mecha Mecca. Legomaster (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUG question

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Jimmy Park writes: Hey, aren't you the guy with the amazingly large armies? Anyway, it sounds cool. I'll keep watch on this group to see when and where the next meeting is. I'll try to come, but maybe a little late to miss (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUG question

(...) Hi Bruce! Well, first we get together, find all the newcomers, dress them up as Timmy, and perform our hazing rituals. ;) If you're still conscious, everything else is as you guessed. We just hang out look at MOCs and trade. (...) There's no (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUG question

You fairly well summed up what happens at our Lugola meetings, although pizza isn't usually involved. The best description I can give for our main objective is inspiration. Don't let the pictures you see intimidate you, my first meeting I came face (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LUG question

Hi all, I have what may be a dumb question. What do you do at a LUG meeting? I see pictures on Brickshelf so I assume it is basically a time to gather and compare MOCs and chat and presumably eat pizza if you're going to meeting at a pizza place. :) (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

(...) As a non-voting member, I'd like 20 April at that place, but of course I'm not a local and therefore will simply do my best to attend whenever it happens. Derek (22 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

Free is always the best! This place sounds pretty cool, provided there is enough room for all who wish to show off their MOC's and fish through Brian's buckets. I am definately in agreement for this location, if it is available. I was kinda hoping (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

I know of a place in Santa Monica that is available for free. The World Cafe 2820 Main St. has an enclosed patio adjoining the bar. They have several small tables with chairs for about 50 people. Outdoor patio too. The owner said we just need to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

How about setting up a gathering in a public place? The role-playing group I used to run had our meetings at Round Table Pizza, in their private, walled-off meeting room. Since they knew we were buying pizza and drinks, they didn't care how many (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

(...) No joke there! I saw more cool stuff at BW2002 than I've seen in quite some time. (...) Lae March/Early April was mentioned by more than a few people as a likely timeframe. The 'where' question can only be answered by the person(s) who wish to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Next Lugola meeting

Alright, everyone I guess it is high time to start the discussions of our next meeting. Hopefully BricksWest inspired all of us to build bigger and better stuff. A few of us mentioned that early April would probably be best, now the bigger question (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Bricks West

It was good to see many of you again at Bricks West. As usual Bryce had some great mechs on display and it was good to see Eric Sophie again. Hope all went will with shipping his models back home. We should plan a get together soon. Brian (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Brickswest

I'll be there, Jimmy! I'll be assisting with the Mecha discussions and will have a nice new BIG mecha to show off. I'll have many new smaller ones as well that will debut at BricksWest. I'll have stuff for trade/sale IF I can find the space to carry (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Brickswest

I'll be there, co-hosting a discussion on large sculptures and mosaics. Depending on what I can fit into my car, I might bring a mosaic. Looking forward to a fun event... -Henry (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Brickswest

So how many of us are going? Rollcall please. . . Jimmy (22 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Sale on Anakin's podracer

(...) Thanks, Jimmy! Though I believe I also speak for Bryce when I say that unless yellow podfins are available in bulk packs of 100 or more @$.02/part, we really aren't interested. Look for Bryce to show off something with red fins shortly. Brown (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Sale on Anakin's podracer

Just a heads up for those interested (possibly Bryce for the fins), the Star Wars fanclub has Anakin's Podracer for $3.49! That's more than 75% off and there's free shipping with orders over $20. (URL) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  F40PH Commuter Train

Hello All, Here is my latest offering; a F40PH Commuter train. Check it out on our website for full details: (URL) my Brickshelf folder for just the photos: (URL) Well, Robert Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Final Target thought

(...) This is definitely a good idea. I could have gotten a couple of those trains had Dave known I was looking for some. We could probably finish the transactions at a monthly meeting etc. Also would Lugola be interested in doing bulk Shop at Home (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Final Target thought

i think this is a fantastic idea and well worth the planning and strategy. there are enough lugola members spread out over a good chunk of socal to make this an effective haul. btw, when's the next meeting? i have little new to bring but wouldn't (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Final Target thought

At 75% off, I've seen 10 stores go from 2 full aisles worth of toys to 1/4 aisle of beaten toy boxes. This process took just under 3 days to complete. I figured that this would probably happen by Sunday, but the general public proved me wrong once (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  SCLTC@GATS Images on Website!

The official website of the Southern California LEGO Train Club is now fully updated with pictures from our first ever exhibit! Read our article on the event and check out our extensive photo gallery of setup and operation. At this moment we do not (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola) !

  Re: Place to stay? Please?

(...) Anyone? Maybe if I have 3 roommates, I can afford a hotel, but otherwise I need a place to crash, or I just can't come. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Union Pacific Caboose

Hello Everyone, I proud to present my version of an Union Pacific caboose. Check it out at the SCLTC web site: (URL) always, LMKWYT. Robert Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  San Diego County (Brickwest) Transportation Online Guides

Nick & any others needing public transport, Here's an online guide to San Diego County public transit. Type in Legoland for your destination (the hotel is very near there), and where you are starting from. It only works inside the county though. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Brickwest Transportation Help

Thanks, I'll look into the trains also. By the way, if anybody is flying into LAX and then driving down to Legoland, my school is literally 5 minutes away from the airport (wink wink nudge nudge) Thanks. ~Nick swatlego@aol.com www.swatonline.org (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Brickwest Transportation Help

(...) Nick, you might also want to think train...check into Amtrak and Metrolink to see if you can make a route work. Matt (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Brickwest Transportation Help

Hello. My name is Nick and I am currently attending Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles Ca, between Westchester and Santa Monica. I am really hoping on being able to attend Brickwest, but I have one problem: getting there. I do not have a car (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA Members please check it out!

Here are a few details on the upcoming show. The official flyer is here in pdf format: (URL) states that admission is $7 but you can also recieve an email coupon for $1 off one adult admission if you fill out a form: (URL) would really like to go to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LUGOLA Members please check it out!

To all participants of LUGOLA: It is official that the Southern California Lego Train Club (www.scltc.org) will be making its first full appearance this weekend at the Anaheim Convention Center as participants in the Great American Train Show on (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Place to stay? Please?

Hey all, February is really creaping up, and I still don't know if I can go to BricksWest. I can't afford to stay in a hotel, so I'd really like to be able to crash at one of you local's houses. If you're driving to LLC every day of the fest, you're (...) (23 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: Coming out of my shell - Next Meeting?

I wasn't able to connect with Dave and only got a few responses regarding a possible meeting in January. It turns out that my wife wants to plan some other activities during that time frame, so as there doesn't seem to be much interest in a LUGOLA (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: SCLTC News

(...) I think the cost of admission is $7.00 but I remember seeing some sort of discount coupon on their site: www.gats.com. A mech train would be a lot of fun. Maybe we can come up with something for Brickswest. Robert (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: SCLTC News

(...) Awesome Robert, I will definately make an effort to be there. Is there a cost to get in, and if so how much? I think Lugola should definately try to organize to support you guys as much as possible. Any ideas? (How about Bryce making a mech (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  SCLTC News

Hello Everyone, I am pleased to announce that the SCLTC will display it's first layout at the Anaheim GATS on January 5th and 6th at the Anaheim Convention Center. I hope some of you can come and check out our inaugural effort. Also, Thomas Michon (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lugola) !

  I have sold my soul to the DEVIL!

Well, the hotel for Brickswest is $160 a night. But if you attend a timeshare presentation for 2 hours: (URL) can get the rooms and some other stuff for $200. This is all run through the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort & Hotel where we are staying (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Coming out of my shell - Next Meeting?

Dave, If your email is busted, then please send me (or post) the current list and I'll send out an announcement. That way, people can email me back. Of course, my @home service could crap out within the next month... "Brad Hamilton" (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Coming out of my shell - Next Meeting?

YOU'RE DESTROYING BRICKTOPIA?!?!?!? NOOO...OOO!!! *sniff* I guess all good things must come to an end. This makes me to follow in your footsteps in order to make my city just as kick ass as yours even more. Good luck to you!!! (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

Saturday the 12th looks like a good Saturday. By the way, my email is working fine. I have cox and our email has not (yet) been affected by the @home problems. "Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:Go5K45.F6v@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Coming out of my shell - Next Meeting?

Good to hear from you Brad, A meeting at your place would be great and a nice opportunity to see you and your family. I have recently acquired another "mother-load" so be prepared. The SCLTC is also showing our layout at the GATS convention in early (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Coming out of my shell - Next Meeting?

(...) Hi Brad! Good to see you again! I'll post here as I know you're encountering the same email problems I've got with @Home right now. At the last meeting, it was tentatively decided that there wouldn't be a January gathering due to the impending (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Coming out of my shell - Next Meeting?

Hi folks, I'm ready to emerge (sort-of) from my baby-imposed isolation. If people are interested, we would be willing to host the next LUGOLA meeting at our house. I would suggest somewhere around Jan 15. I will probably be destroying Bricktopia (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

(...) OOPS! I am SOOOO very sorry. I really hate it when I mess up people's names and don't even attempt to post things like this unless I'm certain I'm correct. Again, I am very sorry. I'll get it right eventually, Clark... :) (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

I would also like to thank Bryce for hosting the meeting. He and his family were very hospitable. My girlfriend & I had a wonderful time. Dave, just for posterity's sake, it was my monorail that was set-up, not Cary's. (...) It was actually the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

First things first, Mike Rayhawk is alive??? Man the rumors of your death have been greatly exadurated. Secondly I am really sorry I had to miss this meeting, while you guys were all having fun trading and greeting new members I was stuck in Cedar (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

Lugola Heads, I'm glad everyone enjoyed my trading fodder at the last meeting and I'm sure Bryce missed my laugh. Maybe we could have an informal get together before or during the X-Mas break if would like to comb through the fodder again. B. ----- (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

Sun, The high point of the meeting was when you showed me the mecha you want to make in that Hobby Japan magazine and then I got out the issue Dave let me borrow and showed you the one I want to make. It was like two kids showing each other what (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

(...) Whoops! I read: (...) ...and thought it was just a matter of the pictures not turning out well enough to upload. I've taken these two pictures back off of Brickshelf for the time being. (...) I know I asked this before, but it was a long time (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

(...) Since Mike was kind enough to upload these pics, I'll explain a couple of them a bit more...(boy I need to spend more than $40 on a digital camera...) (...) Correct. This is the item that wasn't supposed to be uploaded until the Michons were (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

(...) I just uploaded about a dozen photos from the meet to brickshelf, they might be a little clearer: (URL) don't have much to say by way of captions but here goes. I hope somebody will correct me if I screw up any of the details: ----- (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

(...) Hey there, Sun! I'd definitely be up for it. Heck, if it's a small enough grouping, I'd be willing to host it in my ol' workshop. I'm in the process of cleaning things out right now, so a December small group activity is a definite (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

First off, thanks to Bryce and his family for hosting. It was also nice meeting many of you for the first time and taking in all the eye candy that everyone brought. (...) I know we all decided that the next time we all got together would be at (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

LUGOLA Meeting November 3rd, 2001-FOLLOWUP NOTE: I apologize for this update coming two weeks late, but it’s tough to concentrate on typing when you are laid up with every flu strain the teachers in the household can bring home. Fortunately, I’m (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

Yeah, but the 1x8 black tiles are long gone <cough>. I really didn't think I was wiping them out when I bought all but 2 lbs on that trip! (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

(...) It's been a while since I counted, calculated, and compared pricing ($6.99 per 1/4 lb?), but I remember it being similar to S@H (thus, I bought what I bought). And in terms of BrickBay prices, I'd say buying from Legoland is a better deal if (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

(...) Last year I went down there for a few days around Christmas, and spent the better part of one day looking for every single pink brick (plate, really) that they had. The idea was you could build an ornament, and as long as it fit in a certain (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

Henry Lim <hlim@library.ucla.edu> wrote in message news:GMEMtG.4o0@lugnet.com... (...) similar (...) parts (...) Just out of curiosity, how is the per-pound pricing compare to SAH? Or BrickBay? --Jack Gregory (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping (Bulk Bricks)

(...) I was there just a couple weeks ago. Yes, they have bulk bricks. They are at the Maniac Club. They have about a half dozen different varieties on display, but they also have MANY different boxs behind the counter. You just have to know to ask. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

You don't need to pay admission IF you get in and out of there fast enough, but I doubt you can do so if you hit the bulk section, as it is about as far from the entrance as you can get (they've moved from in front of the model shop, up to where the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

I was there just a month ago and I agree with the first post by David. The bulk bricks were in the Mania club house - they were at the counter where they sell food and drinks. There was perhaps a selection of 10 different types for sale by weight (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

I went to Legoland about 6 months ago with the specific intent to buy bulk bricks. You do NOT have to pay admission if you get a shopping pass (good for 30 minutes). These are available at the guest relations booth at the entrance. (They'll hold (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

(...) I think you might be waisting your time going there to get bulk bricks! I was there last month and there were no bricks for sale! Granted, it was a slow time of the season and it may have changed some, but it would be very risky to go thinking (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

(...) Not having been there recently, things might have changed, but I have been there several times, and during those times the changes were pretty minor, so I don't expect there to be a big difference now either. Basically they don't have a huge (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Legoland Shopping

I'm thinking about driving to Legoland to pick up some bulk bricks. From what I've heard, it's done by the pound. I was just wondering how good the selection is and if the prices are reasonable. Basically, I wanna know if it's better than "shop at (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting-1 pm

Actually, it's one of the last things I do before I leave for a meeting. I, too, emailed the instructions to you, Sun. (before I read this, of course) -Dave (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting-1 pm

Sun, I just emailed you the directions. I hope you get them in time. I don't think Dave'll check this board before the meeting. C (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting-1 pm

(...) Um, I'm looking forward to the meeting as well but uh, how do we get there? I don't think I got the directions email if it was sent out. sun (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LUGOLA Meeting-1 pm

I look forward to meeting with all of you at Bryce's place later today. I'm all packed and ready to leave, but I don't think the McGlones would appreciate me coming over at 4:30 am on a Saturday. :) I'll wait 'til sunrise, at least.... Just (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  ***NOVEMBER 3RD MEETING INFO***

Hello LUGOLA! This will be the final LUGNET posting before our big meeting on Saturday, so I opted to fill it full of everything we'll need for that day. First up, I want to say 'hello' to all the new folks who've contacted us about joining LUGOLA (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

Hey there, Seth! I've already spoken to you via email about this and it won't be a problem. More details about this meeting will be coming in a couple of days. btw, I'll be your ride. I'm closest. -Dave (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

Hello LUGOLA!- My name is Seth Rotkin, and I run the second largest Lego movies website in the world, Cool Brick Movies. The URL is (URL) . I'd love to come to the meetings, and be an active member, contributing movies to the group. The comming of (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

Barring any unforseen circumstances I should be able to make it. Don't have anything complete to bring yet but hopefully that'll change soon. sun (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

(...) Bryce can't come to the computer at the moment, so I'll take this one. Yes, there will be room. Will 2 large tables be enough? :) -Dave (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

I'll be there. Dan (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

Count me in! I will be bringing a new passenger train, a full compliment of Lego train cars, and a few new buildings. Bryce, will there be any room to do a train layout? Maybe 4x8'? Robert Powell SCLTC (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

(...) I'm already planning on being in Ventura on the 3rd for a Special Olympics tourney...I'm not sure what time it'll be over, but I'll plan on attending the LUGOLA meeting afterwards, if time allows. However, I may have to work, and I won't know (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

(...) UPDATED CONFIRMATIONS: Bryce McGlone Dave Johann Matt Gerber Chris Snead Jason Sutherland Scott Costello Henry Lim (Secret guest dealing with Lego Animation) + more to follow...and the list keeps growing... (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

I am not so sure that little one can stomache that long of a drive when he's so young. I'll discuss it with Shelly. "Dave Johann" <legomecha@home.com> wrote in message news:GL8GH7.3r2@lugnet.com... (...) perusing. (...) know at (...) yet. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: 100+ Set Blowout now/at next meeting!

Hi Mark...you wouldn't happen to be planning a trip to L.A. on November 3rd, would you? :) LUGOLA love's it's Northern brethren....please contact me if you consider this a good idea and I'll see what the concensus is. -Dave (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

(...) UPDATED CONFIRMATIONS: Bryce McGlone Dave Johann Matt Gerber Chris Snead Jason Sutherland + more to follow... (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

(...) Matthew Gerber (...) Sounds great, Matt! You are officially added to the meeting list....and, no, you won't be driving the furthest to get here. That honor usually belongs to our member in UC Berkley.... BricksWest activities would definitely (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

(...) Ah-ha! Monrovia...finally getting it out of Orange County...I'll have to try to make this one since it'll shave 30-45 minutes or so off the drive for me. Pencil me in Dave (and I'll check with Derek too...). Mayhaps we could plan to go over (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

Hello, LUGOLA! It's that time again...November 3rd at 1:00pm in Monrovia, Ca. at Bryce McGlone's workshop. Bryce will have all his models out and ready for perusing. Table space will be available for any who need it, just let Bryce or I know at (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Lugola, Legoland and the Mecha Mecca

Hello all, I just reurned from an increadible adventure! After months of planning and making good friends I embarked on my journey to the West coast to meet other like minded people at the Lugola meeting in California! Wow what a trip! Literally! I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: Did anyone post pictures of the last LUGOLA meeting??

(...) Actually, Eric Sophie has. I'll give a debriefing later when I'm not so busy. (tomorrow, perhaps?) -Dave (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Did anyone post pictures of the last LUGOLA meeting??

Hey guys, i've not heard or seen anything about the last LUGOLA meeting. Does anyone have pics? (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  The Cankerworm

I just posted pictures of the Cankerworm here: (URL) always let me hear from you guys! There's a bit of a story below for those of you who are bored :-) The Cankerworm is a biomechanical alien mecha deal. It was an indigenous animal infussed with (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Legomaster to Visit Lugola

Ahhhh! Another mecher. Good deal. We'll have lots to talk about. I look forward to meeting you. Bryce (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legomaster to Visit Lugola

I plan on being there too and just to give you a sneak preview of what i'll be bringing: (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legomaster to Visit Lugola

Me (with my new mecha done!), Eric Sophie, Dave Johann, and Christopher Snead all together talking mecha. Need I say more? :-D Bryce (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  September 8 Meeting Info

LUGOLA and LEGO Builders- We are looking forward to hosting the September 8 LUGOLA meeting at our home in Irvine, CA. As always, all LUGOLA members and all LEGO fans (and employees) are welcome. Date and Time Saturday, September 8, 2001. You are (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legomaster to Visit Lugola

(...) Nice little rhyme/song, hehe (...) Sounds like sooooo much fun, wish I could be there, -sigh- Well have a great time! -Geordan- (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Legomaster to Visit Lugola

Folks a time must come when we leave the confines of our little local universe and venture out to domains unknown. To share with others and seek out like minds. I am proud to announce that I, Eric "the Legomaster" Sophie will be visiting the Lugola (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.announce)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact