 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9025
Re: block scoreing....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 22:35:38 GMT

"Chris Magno" <hollynorth@bellnet.ca> wrote:

my LX sensor is placed at a point that when no bricks are in the EOAT, my • reading on
the light sensor is 750.

when i get a white brick, I read.... 500.  WOW, that's an easy sort!!!

BUT, when I get a black brick, the LX reading is..... are you ready for
this.......   750.

dead on. it cant tell the difference between  nothing, and black.

I'm stumped.

So, what's the problem?

:)

In all honesty, now I see your problem.  I had a big "duh" moment when you
explained that.

Do you remember that first robot I ever brought out, to our marble
competition in January, 2000?  I had the same problem with that.  I had a
light sensor pointing down, just before the "sorting" wheel on my robot.  It
would always spin one way, unless a marble looked good (white?), then it'd
spin in to accept it.

Maybe you have to do that here.  Always reject, unless you get a value you
like, then flip to accept for a certain period of time, then switch back to
reject.  Or vise versa (which is obviously more dangerous, if you
accidentally mess up, but as I've forgotten a) what your problem values are,
and b) what brick colour you want to accept, I can't coment.)

I had a dream about a paint-palette shaped rubber thing on a fluorescent
pink injection-moulded handle, that carried the moniker "World's BEST
Off-Road Paste and Glue Applicator!".

    Iain