 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9023
Re: block scoreing....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:44:27 GMT

What I think we're all having a hard time understanding, is why this is such a
problem?  Just change your light sensor values.

dope - y

dope - e

doe...

gee, now why did I not think of that.  wow, you guys are SO SMART!!! just like steve
is so smart (and funny)

:/

Iain, this is "the deal"

my LX sensor is placed at a point that when no bricks are in the EOAT, my reading on
the light sensor is 750.

when i get a white brick, I read.... 500.  WOW, that's an easy sort!!!

BUT, when I get a black brick, the LX reading is..... are you ready for
this.......   750.

dead on. it cant tell the difference between  nothing, and black.

I've tried a few things... adding lights, more than one lx sensor, using the sensor
to test for ANY block, then process from there... BUT still it always reads the same
as ambient!!!

I've put a light proof box around the head just as a test... same result.

I'm stumped.

when I just use a plain RCX, and sensor, and test white from black from "ambient" I
do see 3 different reading.... but my EOAT is set up to read as a black block.

:(

argh.

So what's the problem?  :)

    Iain