 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9016
Re: block scoreing....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 19:20:52 GMT

---snip from the rules----

Each black block is worth one point, while each white block found in
competitor's space counts as minus two points

----------------------

WHAT!!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as of 5 min ago my robot was happily processing white bricks out of the
pit....

damn damn damn...

now I need to do a rebuild to have it look for BLACK!!!!

Wow. You found a mechanical way to separate the white blocks from the pit?
That's pretty impressive! I would like to see that. So before you go destroying
your robot to build one that picks out black blocks instead, could you take a
few pictures of it (and how it works) and post them on brickshelf?

On the other hand, maybe you don't need to rebuild after all? You could just
drive your robot around to the opponent's side as the first thing, and then pick
out all the white blocks. This way they'd be on the opponent's side, and if
you're very good, he'll always end up with a negative score, and so you'll still
always win!

am I the only one?

Chris

Yes, I'm sure you are. You're unique. Just like everyone else.

--
  David Schilling