 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8198
Re: Put-up or Shut-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:13:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In the spirit of friendly competition, (as previously suggested by Jeff VW) I'd like to
challenge Chris Magno to a robot-building contest.

Sweet.  I'd pay to see that.  Well, if it was cheaper I would.

I've heard many great things about the wonderful Project-X robot (come to think of it,
they all came from Chris) but I have yet to see any robots that would take more than an
hour to build and program.

It really wasn't anything to write home about.  In fact it was a tour de brute
force of Lego robotics.  Chris' building style varies from pool noodle pathetic
(when he's busy) to "driving an M1A2 tank to the supermarket" (when he's not)

I just think it's time to "Put-up, or Shut-Up".

We know running robots by proxy at an event doesn't work.  I'd restate your
challenge for the competition at rtl14 in September.

That said, I hope everyone is working on a piperacer for BF.

Calum