 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8196
8195  |  8197
Subject:
Put-up or Shut-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:43:13 GMT

now back to the chaos that is rtlToronto. (and general name calling)

Chris,

In the spirit of friendly competition, (as previously suggested by Jeff VW) I'd like to
challenge Chris Magno to a robot-building contest.

For the last couple months, while most of rtl was talking about trains, "Road Shows" and the
occasional amusement park ride, some people were only interested in talking about Robots.
OK, I admit, I'm one of those people, but that's not the point.

I've heard many great things about the wonderful Project-X robot (come to think of it,
they all came from Chris) but I have yet to see any robots that would take more than an
hour to build and program.

I expect a "Raders of the Lost Part" robot is going to look a whole lot like a backhoe
with an RCX sitting on top.

Coming up (at Brickfest) we have a really good opportunity for a simple challenge.
Now, I know all three of the Mindstorms challenges are well below what Chris is
capable of building, so it shouldn't take very long to build a robot to compete
in ANY of the three events.  Three weeks should be plenty of time, and I'm sure
someone from rtlToronto could transport the robot to Brickfest (like in the subby)
and run it there.

I just think it's time to "Put-up, or Shut-Up".

Can Chris really build robots?

What do you think?

Steve
"What are you...  Chicken?"  -Back to the Future I,II, & III